Casio digital watches.

I bought one last week as I normally wear old skool mechanical watches, and have just pretty much trashed my favourite Omega riding.

Cheap, works and very light. And I can buy about thirty for the price of an Omega service.

They must be making them smaller though. My eyes struggle to make out the numbers at a glance.

Analogue is easier for the elderly.

The only problem is when the strap goes, it's cheaper to replace the whole thing than just the strap, which is a bit wasteful

But quality no frill kit for when you need a beater

Riding hard wearing your omega is not a great idea!

xxnick1975":3qcsaay3 said:
The only problem is when the strap goes, it's cheaper to replace the whole thing than just the strap, which is a bit wasteful

Get a Velcro strap for £2 off the market!

I've also got an Omega, a 60's Seamaster, but I never wear it. Prefer my Casio, and it goes beep every hour.

Kona-Ian":63xagohv said:
Didn't even know they still made these, had one when I was about 8.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Casio ... 35e7cbd4d3

You're not a runner then!!! If you were you'd have loads of these kicking around in various states of knackeredness. Oh and if you do own one then you HAVE to switch on the thingy that beeps every hour!!!!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I'm on my 3rd one in 4/5 years. Buy it from Argos, and buy the insurance for it (around £10 iirc). When strap goes, or in my case, the buttons stop working, replace using insurance. Paid £17 for 3 watches and I'm to get my 4th as this strap has dieded.
I love the luminescent ones, but buttons kept dying on me. The f91w is the original and best. Although I remember owning one that had red detail on it with a red grid pattern on the strap. Would love that one again :)

Re:

I also got one a year or so back as it was cheap and works. Had several now, What's not to like. I don't get the idea of expensive watches
Reading that BBC article brings an interesting name into the report. Tim Gould !

Back