Magura HS33 with Evo Mount help.

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Morning
I have recently fitted these brakes, but I don't understand how the quick release is meant to work? I have used the booster with these.
I assumed the QR was there to aid wheel removal, but with my set-up thats not possible.
Have I done something wrong?
I have checked Magura web-site, but theres no info there.
Cheers, Carl

If set up correctly when the quick release lever is undone one entire side should slide off the brake boss with the booster attached. When replaced the non fixed side of the booster should just hook over the head of the allen bolt (hole in booster same side as allen bolt head).

Guessing this is where you may have gone wrong!

Any help? Or confused you more? Let me know

Jim

Thanks Jim...I knew I had it wrong somewhere. Is the non-QR booster side just kinda loose on the bolt head then? Make sense from the QR point of view, but just seems weird?
See the pictures.
I need to undo the non-QR bolt, take off the washer and replace that to the other side. The non-QR booster side is then not actually fixed rigid??
P1010103.jpg

P1010102.jpg

P1010101.jpg

Thanks, Carl
PS Don't look at the pad distance/alignment :oops: just a quick hash up.

Yep sounds like you've got it. Booster not attached on none QR side.

Are you now praying for punctures so you can show off!!!

Jim

jim-laden":3ffx8vw6 said:
Are you now praying for punctures so you can show off!!!

Jim

:LOL: Nah, just like to do a proper job when they go on my new frame.
Don't mention the P word...I believe it's bad luck ;) :roll:

Another tip if yours have that funny little one edge filed off washer is tape the little devils on. They always dive down the most awkward places when you take the wheel off.

Iwasgoodonce":2yeisa8t said:
Another tip if yours have that funny little one edge filed off washer is tape the little devils on. They always dive down the most awkward places when you take the wheel off.

Yup, glued them buggers on :D

Dumb question then ( i have some 20th anni. versions of these):

If the 'booster' is only mounted to one caliper, what real use are they? I've read elsewhere that you don't really need them :?

ive been using hs33's on my workhorse kilauea for 7 years, there great, and practicaly maitenance free :D

paul
konakilauea056.jpg

Tallpaul":309ebkji said:
Dumb question then ( i have some 20th anni. versions of these):

If the 'booster' is only mounted to one caliper, what real use are they? I've read elsewhere that you don't really need them :?

Well, I was going to ask the same question.
Dumb and Dumber :LOL:

Back