facebook...........................no more for me

longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
everyone on here whom i friends with on facebook, contact me here......and everyone else can aswell haha

dealing with a few personal demons and facebook, as brilliant as it can be, has had too many negative influences on my state of mind. so ive closed the account. don feel much better.......yet.

anyone else done it, been tempted to or could not live without it?

to be honest i will miss all the pages, friends from afare and the odd rant but theres just too much bullshit and propoganda.

cheers

chris "longun" longbone........................now a real person ;)

I chucked FB in January, and can't say I miss it one bit. Now get my daily dose of dogs on skateboards via twitter.

I never get what the problem is, I just remove what I don't want and speak only to people I do.
Used closed groups for anything you don't want to tell the world.

I also use it to contact companies.

Re: Re:

M-Power":3b5aoo0z said:
Tell us more man. What happened ?

lack of it being friendly and social. too many anti "anti" posts, alot of folk using it to trash talk etc etc adverts, games, etc but the thing that got me more was being told or suggested to of what and whom i should follow, trend???? and like. its like having a phone call every five minutes telling how awesome i could be if i liked this page or followed this person or that i should like a comment to cure cancer!!! ffs :facepalm: sorry

ill probobly go back when its changed again or something more friendly get invented but for now ill leave be. i also use it for work as a seperate account for teaching/support but thats getting beyond a joke now.

Try downloading F.B. Purity, it gets rid of most of the crap. And I hide the posts from any of my friends who are a bit of a bore. End result, it's mostly mildly interesting.

Re:

I had a 'friend' cull a while back. No point in 'friending' people you don't know or have no connection with. Also the spammers - game requesters, stupid 'pass-it-on-or-else' posters, etc where go rid of.

Now have a smaller group of friends who are actually quite interesting to share views with. You were on it Chris!

Back