ipad mini screen weirdness....

twain

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
check the images below.
got lines on the screen - its there regardless of whatever program you run/app you play, and it doesnt change orientation. it shows up on lock screen too.

what i have just noticed though, is that the lines are there for about half a second after i press the lock button (so the LED screen goes black, but i can still see the lines) then the lines disappear..... :?:

i tried screen shotting it on the ipad, but the screen shot actually comes out fine (no lines - see first image).
so what could be the issue here???
ignore the crack at top of the screen, its just the glass screen protector, they seem to crack if you sneeze on them....

Attachments

• WP_20150619_001.jpg
    WP_20150619_001.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 625
  • IMG_0088 (600x800).jpg
    IMG_0088 (600x800).jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 625
Sorry I can't help. But I have had an iPad mini for nearly 2 years with no issues.
Have you spoken to Apple ?
Hope you get it sorted, this problem would drive me crazy.

Re:

going to Apple store this week.

not sure if warranty would cover this? it hasnt been exposed to any water or hard drops/knocks that i'm aware of.
yes, it is driving me a bit nuts...

Looks like a problem with the row drivers on the display. It's clearly not in the processing as that's the image you get from a screen shot.
IPad mini is unlike the larger iPad in that the display is driven in portrait mode.

They are the ICs that drive the display rows, setting the values for each of the pixels during each refresh cycle. They are part of the display module so swapping out the display is what is necessary.

im guessing that this would cost muchos deniro at the Apple store? or would warranty cover this???

Re:

im guessing that this would cost muchos deniro at the Apple store? or would warranty cover this???

A friend took his Apple laptop in well after warranty and they replaced the faulty hard drive free of charge, so it might be worth trying.

Back