The dream bicingg cost calculateur thread

How much pounds to miles, not pounds to smiles has your dream bike cost.

• Less than 1p

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Less than 10p

• Less than 50p

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Less than a quid

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Less than 5 quid

• Less than 10 quid

• Less than 30 quid

• Less than 50 quid

• Less than 100 quid

• Less than 200 quid

• Less than 500 quid

• Less than 1000 quid

• Less than 2000 quid

• Less than 5000 quid

• *cough*

• Total voters

DA-EVO

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
You've scoured the evilbays, the Gummy trees and Craig's own list. You found that bike that is your dream and you've made it 'just so'.

You got a painter involved, you emailed the bloke what built it and asked for the obscure transfers that have been in a drawer for 10 years, you may have got it repaired, you got the matching jersey and shorts and so on. You bought 3 lots of the same part to get the right one and got stung for import tax, not least the time you spent doing all this.

It's rude to ask the total cost but you can put it down if you wish - it will help with your ongoing therapy.

SO! Here is the sum. How much was dream bike ÷ miles you've ridden, not smiles given. Cold. Hard. Cash.

Your most bestest bike, Evar.

There is a poll for those who are a little nervous but honesty is the best policy. Trust me, it's for the best.. truly.

Garage Queens can be included :)

Re:

P.S. You can explain your workings out / mitigation statements, but we can only offer sympathy or Tea, biscuits and a warm blanket (virtual ones, not real ones).

Less than 2k per mile as it's not arrived and been built yet. :facepalm:

Obviously this will go down as I pootle about a bit on it. :D

CR615THM :mrgreen:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 655
My £800 Dawes audax bike has brought me the most smiles and served me the most miles :D .

It's my go-to bike for the turbo trainer, club runs, touring, relaxed rides and a winter trainer. I can't fault it whatsoever! The only thing I've replaced is the standard saddle for a Brooks, bought at the York Rally with a heavy discount as it was a display model, and some fizik bar tape as the original was worn and heavily scuffed. As the miles have rolled in I think it deserves a new set of hoops, maybe some mavic/shimano ones. Just goes to show you don't need the fanciest or most expensive bike to give you a big grin :) .

Re:

So, an admission, as yet I don't have my dream bike but I'm still looking. I was interested as I have some bikes that have been ridden loads but cheap and others that the opposite.

E.G a track bike that has done 11 miles, about 80 quid a mile.

Roberts Road bike, probably 500 quid (it was free but i had to sort paint and parts) which has done 2000+ miles so perhaps 23p per mile.

Pinarello Montello which has done 178 whole English miles at around 550 quid so over around 3 quid a mile. This is nearest my ideal bike but not quite right.

It goes on. The bike I built from scratch (built my own frame last year) is now at £3.90 per mile, but was about 3k.

Genesis 29er is at 450 a mile cos despite owning it, I don't actually think I've ridden it (8 months)

So, you see, some of these bikes can be pennies per mile or basically shitloads!

And I am sure I am not the only one.. :)

Re:

I have a £4000 modern full sus with zero miles on it, bought it end of last year. Not my dream bike obviously.

Re:

£400 notes on a felt six 6 and it costs about a ton a year ,
but it only goes off road, miles would be about 3/5 hundred

dearest would be the moonlander needs parts everytime i go out on it'
havent got a dream bike as i keep wanting something else :facepalm:

Re:

We have a *cough* category, which has 2 anon. voters. Would a *splutter* category help?

You can just put your fave bike if you want :)

But how can you quantify...............

Hours not in pub, a happy wife, buying/stroking new tools, fraternity............

Re:

a good test for a dream bike would be hours spent in the house;;;;;;;;;
with no garments draped over it ;)
as in the end they all end up drying clothes :facepalm:

Back