Audi RS6, the ultimate retro ride transportation device!

Stick Legs

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Mate of mine just bought an RS6 Avant,
4.2 twin turbo quattro estate, the ultimate transport for your retro bike! :D
Very fast, very leathery, very nice, opinions please!

Actually I do not have an opinion on Audis, except for that they are good cars.

I really wish i had £8k for an S4 saloon - internals of the engine are the same as the RS4, so swap the K03 turbos for K04s, uprate the fuelling, remap the ECU and say hello to 400+bhp... and goodbye to everything but supercars! :LOL:

That's a proper retrobike car

th_pigeot.jpg

noisy
fast
unreliable
quick handling

Aren't those Audi's 400bhp+ ? That's plain nuts.

An e34 m5 touring would also be pretty sweet, very q car.

sylvain":1nwc5d2s said:

noisy
fast
unreliable
quick handling

Agreed Sylvain, right era too :D

For a Bimmer I think I do lack the appreciation for aggresiveness, though I find a CS and maybe 1 or 2 more very nice. Audi should have issued the Avantismo instead of the stupid Q7. That car had style and it sure would have been a great bike transporter.

sylvain":3oug161k said:

th_pigeot.jpg

noisy
fast
unreliable
quick handling

I can testify off all that .

that was the car to have when I was 18 . Instead I got a 1.4 clio .

Bought an Impreza a few years later . :cool:

I had a 205 gti. It was a 1.9 in red, totally original apart from the engine which had the L.A.D Motorsport treatment. It went like stink and was surprisingly reliable, managed to get about 180miles out of a full tank!!!
Glad I never crashed it coz they were made of french tin foil and had a habit of setting on fire if they went over!

When we sold it 5 years ago and counted up the receipts, we'd spent nearly £9000 on basically an old banger!

L.A.D rang about a year later trying to buy it!

Great car, great design. A real shame that new cars must be heavy and safe now.

I have a drunken memory of a long weekend in Monaco about 5/6 years ago - 4 of us in a RS6 actually pulling away from a Ferrari 355 spider in one of the tunnels to Italy - I'll never forget the sound or the way my eyeballs shook :shock: A truly awesome "family" car!

Will try and post a piccie up tomorrow.

Back