Re: Bands /artist you got into without hearing them

02gf74

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I like it appears quite a few others listen to certain bands after hearing them on the radio probably john peel show, radio 1 as it used to be or else by listening to records or tapes lent by your mates.

But in some cases i got into some bands by buying the record/cd or borrowing cd from library purely based on the appearance of the cover.

Some examples.
Flour - machinery hill
Therapy?
Elbow
Editors
The national

Hmm thought there be more but cant think of any right now.

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":1qy6vp5h said:

He said artist.... not talentless large breasted short arse lesbian.

al.

highlandsflyer":3p2g2422 said:

I wouldnt consider her as a serious artist who wrote and perforned their own songs working their way up through the clubs, more of an opportunist taking advantage of her fame as a page 3 model.

Dont hold any hopes for getting into her as she bowls for the other side.

al":1gj9gngl said:
highlandsflyer":1gj9gngl said:

He said artist.... not talentless large breasted short arse lesbian.

al.

As it happens, I was at the motorcycle show at the ally pally in ~1990, and I saw a bird
with great chesticles wearing a NIN Tee shirt. I hadn't heard of the Nine Inch Nails before, but the next day I bought Pretty Hate Machine.
The bird had good taste!

Biffy Clyro, puzzle had a really cool cover by Storm Thorgerson and looked pretty cool so I bought it.

Best decision ever....

Boomtown Rats, I went to a jumble sale as a kid and liked the album cover of The Fine Art Of surfacing and was sold on them after I heard it.

Alison

Back