The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Use free version for all my rides by necessity.

Is premium worth it. I can see i can compare against age and lard content!

The History Man":3spmrz54 said:
Use free version for all my rides by necessity.

Is premium worth it. I can see i can compare against age and lard content!
Try the free trial for a bit. Form me I see no benefit. Ifninwas a roadie, training and have all the sensors then may be it is useful.
a few quid to VeloViewer might be more useful, have a look at that as well.

We created a group for the local rides so you can then just compare the the people in the group easily.

But then I only use it to log rides, see where others have been an to quickly check where a ride went and it lenght to give to others. That and of course of see if all the inherent errors in GPS and stravas methods have made me 3seconds fast than my mates and taken kom this time ;-)

The only log rides i have done have been at thorpe park :LOL:

Times and computers are a bit like weight loss and weighing scales, instead of becoming an aid they almost become the standard of the ride rather than the fun of it. I would stay with the free one, remember rides with people or on your own are supposed to be fun and not have that fun rules by a little electronic box. Use them as an aid and nothing more.

Thanks chaps. I use it to log rather than compete but I'll never be KOM on anything. Just wondered what you got. I shall stay free with my Garmin 500 thingy.

Re:

I quite enjoy hearing the girl talk to me, sort of has become my riding partner. Has been a nice training aid for me. If I feel like pushing it on a certain segment I know going into it what my goal should be. And yes, can easily compare with your mates and see the standings. For me it's been a big plus up, pushes me on days I'm not feeling the best.

Re:

For me it's worth it. If you don't have a heart rate monitor though I guess the Premiums extra features are a bit unnecessary.
Veloviewer is worth a look too, far more detailed information if you like that sort of thing.

Back