iCloud b*ll*cks

twain

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
im swearing my face off trying to figure out how to upload photos from my PC on to iCloud.

You would think i just go to iCloud, click on 'upload' select all the images from a folder i've saved them to and then wait while the photos upload.

no.

i either upload 1 by 1 - which i wouldnt mind, except there are about 1000 photos.
when i go to select all of them to upload, it does f**k all. not even a 'cannot upload'. the dialogue box just dissapears and nothing happens and im left with an empty iCloud folder.

am i missing something obvious? or is this another - "if you didnt own an apple device from the begining of time we're going to make it impossible for you to migrate your stuff over" type thing that Apple is so fantastically amazing at accomplishing.

windows skydrive is blissfully simple. its like moving files from one folder to another, which is essentially what im trying to do with icloud, except i cant.

help please.
this isnt really for me, its for the mrs.
:roll:

Re:

Tell the misses to use OneDrive/Google drive/Dropbox

And be done with it.

The answer is no idea, but normally with apple it means installing that confloption that is iTunes and pay them some money, remember is the experience you pay for ;-)
Hang on maybe you need their iWatch now to unlock the stuff, for you safety of course.

Dropbox works well especially if you have a Samsung phone as you get 50Gb free. Mine automatically uploads any new photos / vidoes as soon as the phone is connected to wifi. Uploading stuff from the laptop is simply drag and drop.

yeah my Lumia windows phone has everything backed up - just select what i want backed up and when (wifi or all the time). stoopid simple. stoopid amount of free storage capacity.
Her iCloud has 5GB ten you pay per month fro anything else. money grabbing sheisters that bleed you for every penney every step of the way.
i managed to get the photos off the phone, but now just left with the contacts to migrate to her new phone. may just get her to visit the apple shop. i really cant be arsed. she'll end up with a iphone that has a knife sticking through it otherwise.
i didnt really like Apple that much.
now i wish it would all burn to the ground :)

Windows phones FTW

twain":2ywbf421 said:
yeah my Lumia windows phone has everything backed up - just select what i want backed up and when (wifi or all the time). stoopid simple. stoopid amount of free storage capacity.
Her iCloud has 5GB ten you pay per month fro anything else. money grabbing sheisters that bleed you for every penney every step of the way.
i managed to get the photos off the phone, but now just left with the contacts to migrate to her new phone. may just get her to visit the apple shop. i really cant be arsed. she'll end up with a iphone that has a knife sticking through it otherwise.

Windows phones FTW
Can you share what you did? Want to clear out my ipad as it's almost full. Thanks. Tried and failed.

The History Man":331bx851 said:
twain":331bx851 said:

Windows phones FTW
Can you share what you did? Want to clear out my ipad as it's almost full. Thanks. Tried and failed.

all i did was plug iPhone (4) into PC laptop via USB cable.
it brought up the dialogue box for external drives, so i accessed it as an external disk drive, copy/pasted images into a folder on laptop PC.
went in to iPhone folders and deleted images manually.....(shift+del)

hmmmmm.....not sure im going to be able to help you anyfurther.....
i seem to remember (this is a ways back and with an ipod) that you can set it to 'external hard drive' mode in one of the settings in itunes, which means you can add/remove data...
i dont normally touch iPods or apple products with a bargepole as i just end up wanting to trample them, so my wisdom/helpfullness has unfortunately reached its peak already :p

when i went into the device on laptop, the folders were funny names - it had separated them into 4 different folders, all with long number/character based folder names. it was only 1 sub folder click away, wasnt buried deep in there at all.....
which suprised me really.

i think this was before i updated it though to the new 7.1 blahblah version (which looks like the new iPhone UI). not sure if that will make a difference to you...

Latest posts

Back