I'd just got up to check the dishwasher when...

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
The bloody ceiling collapsed and landed on where i was sitting only moments before.

I actually thought the 1" thick shelf,that my wood lathe sits on had ripped out the wall that crash was that loud.

This plaster is the old type on lath and is close to an inch think itself. I reckon im lucky i didnt come away with a fractured skull or worse :shock:

You can see in the last pic the little stool i sit on normally. I suppose a good spot as all the furniture and fittings around there would be a real pain to redo.

Well i suppose thats my 3 bits of luck
Lucky Break 1- Win £100 on a chance scratchcard(i must do 4 a year,not my thing.)
Lucky Break 2- Win a brand new Hope C2 No2 on Sport lever that somehow slipped under everyone's radar.
Lucky Break 3- Am not seriously injured by falling heavyweight plasterwork.

Attachments

• I was sitting there 2 minutes prior to this happening 003 (Custom).JPG
    I was sitting there 2 minutes prior to this happening 003 (Custom).JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 538
  • I was sitting there 2 minutes prior to this happening 002 (Custom).JPG
    I was sitting there 2 minutes prior to this happening 002 (Custom).JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 538
  • I was sitting there 2 minutes prior to this happening 004 (Custom).JPG
    I was sitting there 2 minutes prior to this happening 004 (Custom).JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 538
Re:

Lucky lucky lucky! Glad you made it out safe. Quite an easy repair too, though I would knock the rest down rather than patch it.

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":nptfpvlm said:
Lucky lucky lucky! Glad you made it out safe. Quite an easy repair too, though I would knock the rest down rather than patch it.

That would be my way too. Start afresh and do it properly from the off or you risk another section coming down at a later stage which could even bring down the new bit negating the work done. Best take this as an opportunity to get another big job done on an older property.
Bullpup":nptfpvlm said:
Lucky escape. Has someone been giving the mattress a hard work out upstairs?

Im not blaming anyone though the family upstairs have young kids whose primary entertainment it seems it to launch off something onto the floor, well thats what it sounds like. I suppose that, general upstairs movement, movement due to seasonal moisture content and it being 60 years old and already patched is the cause.
But its the way it was so sudden, there was no bulging or creaks, it just came down as one lot.Bit of a scary deal there :? Its in two boxes now, neither of which i can easily lift. 2 hundredweight plus for sure

Im constantly looking up to above me while im typing :LOL: :LOL: Wondering if i should start wearing my helmet around the house :LOL:

Back