Beer...

deelam

Retro Guru
I would just like to announce for the benefit of all on here, that "Duvel" is now officially my favourite beer - therefore it is the best beer in the world!

(- Hic!) :D

much better beers out there .

Gueuze in various flavours : peach and raspberry are my favourites .

Faro from Portugal is good too .

Not so keen on the fruit beers my self. I got taken to a beer "cafe" in Oldham of all places a few years ago. There I was introduced to quality Belgian and Trappist beers - what an eye opener that was. Now I avoid "english" beers like the plague, although our real ales are quality without question.

Duvel was favourite last night as I had just downed a 750ml bottle with a thirst. 8.5% alc was swaying my judgement - still damn fine beer though!
And I have a surprisingly clear head this am too!

Suggest some other names for me to try! Thanks!

On the turn.

As you say, any real ale (apart from the Shepheard Neame rubbish) is great. Generally I hate lagers but that white Heoggarten (sp?) is quite nice and I am getting a taste for Magners with ice. Should I be worried? How will I break it to my parents?

I enjoy magier but dont think it has much taste . ok in very hot weather but nothing more .

Hoegarden is a white beer , like the kronenbourg blanc . not an everyday beer .

when a student , we used to drink a beer where , you had to set fire to some liquor in the glass before pouring the beer on top . forgo the name , but was very strong .

Re: On the turn.

adamgent":30a37as7 said:
As you say, any real ale (apart from the Shepheard Neame rubbish) is great.

You cannot fault a Pint O' Spitfire in a Mug :D

i like Spitfire as well .

Thinking of it except Carling , i like all sort of beers.

Back