why don't links to ebay auctions work?

foz

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
For a couple of weeks at least I've not been able to follow any of the links posted to ebay auctions... the address opens a new tab that has an address that starts rover.ebay.com, but nothing appears

I was using firefox, but then when that updated I lost all my passwords and configuration, so the other day installed chrome, I could see the ebay links on there, but today they're not showing either on firefox or chrome :evil:

anyone know how to fix this?

thanks!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

So what happens with this link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370584424308

It should open with that url.
Well it opened with that url exactly in chrome but firefox had some added shite[not a lot].

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Are you usingnany blockers, adblock...
Or even the virus protection thing are protecting now. Any anti-tracking programs?

That link doesn't work either in ff or chrome... just get a very long address that starts with rover.ebay.com.......

no ad blockers or anything else that I didn't have before, everything is the same (unless there's been some sort of automatic windows update that has caused it)

Re:

the rover one is the intermediate link everyone gets (site money)
It'll be an Adaware/tracker/blocker rule that needs lifting.
Release it for the site.
Given its browser independent, chances are it's the external program you have.

If you right click and open in new tab doe it work (I think that skips the rover bit ?)
at least it end up at an unmolested link.

Back