Newer road bike section?

T'boo Ted

GT Fan
Feedback
View
Just wondering, we nowdays have split the MTB in pre and post 97 sections, but we only have a classic road bike section. Now I know this may only appeal to me, but what of the idea of a newer roadie section.
I've recent;ly become a convert to the road, and while I love old MTBs, i have no real interest in old road bikes.
I guess I'm asking, would there be much interest in this, enough to make a section? Or am I deluded and need to go ride my mtb some more... :xmas-cool:

Re:

I only ride modern road and only use this cycle forum, so it'd be of intetest to me. I only just learnt about asymetric Shimano chains - funky!

SP

Re: Re:

Splatter Paint":1cymao8c said:
I only ride modern road and only use this cycle forum, so it'd be of intetest to me. I only just learnt about asymetric Shimano chains - funky!

SP

I like the idea of it too , I guess there are other forums out there for modern bikes but this is the only one I use :D

Yeah I use a couple of road biek forums, but they are very much technical/training/noob why can't I put my cranks on backwards/look at my hung foo chung bike/when I was a pro I blah blah blah...this place is much more chilled out and people like ing bikes for bikes, not just as training tools

T'boo Ted":3op6mjid said:
people like ing bikes for bikes, not just as training tools
Ohhh, that rules Dave out then, he's HARD CORE. :mrgreen:

It would be nice to have somewhere to natter and post pics of more modern / carbon bikes without the icy wind of silence blowing through the thread.

NeilM":2282tpty said:
T'boo Ted":2282tpty said:

It would be nice to have somewhere to natter and post pics of more modern / carbon bikes without the icy wind of silence blowing through the thread.

Cheeky bugger!! I'm carrying 3 stone since I see you last !! :shock: :shock:

daj":2x4pcwmm said:
NeilM":2x4pcwmm said:
T'boo Ted":2x4pcwmm said:

Cheeky bugger!! I'm carrying 3 stone since I see you last !! :shock: :shock:

Is that possible? :LOL:

T'boo Ted":2tb0pu9i said:
Just wondering, we nowdays have split the MTB in pre and post 97 sections, but we only have a classic road bike section. Now I know this may only appeal to me, but what of the idea of a newer roadie section.
I've recent;ly become a convert to the road, and while I love old MTBs, i have no real interest in old road bikes.
I guess I'm asking, would there be much interest in this, enough to make a section? Or am I deluded and need to go ride my mtb some more... :xmas-cool:

If you look the sections are Retro MTB 97, Retro Classic Road and Bike Chat 98. So the 98 section is for any bike from 98 on, mtb or road. That's how I've always viewed it and I've seen plenty of posts concerning modern road stuff in the 98 section.

k:[/quote]

Is that possible? :LOL:[/quote]

Gotta see it to believe it !!! :shock: :shock:

Back