fitness bands

Had Fitbit, Misfit and Fitbug. I've researched these things for my job.

I'd try the app first. Fitbit's app seems most addictive, therefore useful. If you cycle a lot most are pretty useless at tracking cycling unless you reposition them onto your sock. Alternatively use one with an HRM built-in.

The sleep tracking seems pretty gimmicky so far.

thanks for the tips. I'll probably get a xiaomi miband, since they're very cheap and I already have a xiaomi phone. A friend at work already has one and says it's pretty accurate calculating distance walked, etc. I don't want it for cycling or running as I have another GPS for that - more just for some general info. Hopefully it will say I don't do enough, which might let me persuade SWMBO that I should be allowed to get out more on the bike :LOL:

My son sent me a Misfit for my birthday. (Because he thinks I'm a fat lazy bastard I think)

Got it yesterday and was quite pleased I did about 75% of target just in the evening by going for a run.

Got home tonight on 25%, was planning a lazy Friday night, but felt guilty so plodded off up the road for 5 or 6 kms (Sorry I was brought up in civilisation).

Now on 135% for the day and feeling proud and strong. Even if my legs are a bit rubbery.

So maybe for motivation it works.

Early days though.

Back