How Do You Like Your Ribs? Seems I Like Mine Fractured.

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
In my haste today moving a tree off the road I managed to get a pulley block in my chest. Low speed but heavy impact.

Felt bad at the time, but carried on and got the job done. Now I can barely breathe the pain is so intense.

My instinct and prior experience suggests painkillers and breathing exercises should see me through, but boy is this sore!

I used to laugh off injuries like this twenty years ago. Laughing expands the diaphragm, encouraging a good recovery for such problems.

I really don't need a month out at this time, I was planning a return to proper skiing.

Ouch!!!

Anyone else damaged themselves in non cycling endeavours lately?

Re:

Don't envy you at all. Rib damage is probably one of the more painful things that can happen. I first did mine slipped on a wet floor in the office kitchen and landed chest first on the corner of a kitchen unit. Took me a full minute before I could get off the floor. About six weeks of agony. I once had to ask an old lady to get my bag down from the overhead shelf on the train as there was no way I would have been able to. Her face was a complete picture.

Take it easy, mate. Not an injury to be trifled with. Remember deep breath every so often.

Re:

Only my lower back, ongoing issues with it. Sometimes it's worse than others. Riding my bikes helps, so I keep telling myself :roll:
Take it easy big fella ;)
When you say PROPER skiing, do you mean cross country?

Mike

No wounds lately but I've fractured ribs twice, once fencing epee when I was at uni and once on a retrobike ride in the peaks. It was really a ball ache trying to take a full breath. The last time it was on the part of my chest where your seatbelt rests against it when you are in a car and that really hurt, even though normally you don't notice the pressure from the seatbelt.

Several years ago, i went to my doctor as i had broken my ribs in a few places.

He told me not to go to those places..

My dad lives in the north Downs, about two miles away from Watership Down. Beautiful place, lots of rolling chalk hills.

I once took Lucky for a walk there. I let him off, slipped on the muddy chalk and landed on a rock that was sticking up, breaking a rib.

My loyal dog came over to see why I had fallen over and screamed with pain.

Then, he saw a rabbit and buggered off. Little sod.

I fell off the garage roof a couple of weeks ago, shoulders and elbows took the landing. Loose bit of elbow as a trophy.

*I wasnt wearing a helmet.

legrandefromage":wfx3jbl5 said:
I fell off the garage roof a couple of weeks ago, shoulders and elbows took the landing. Loose bit of elbow as a trophy.

*I wasnt wearing a helmet.

Aha, so that's why the roof was leaking :facepalm:

Back