kill me now.................................................

The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
as i type i am 1h40m into a mortgage application phone call.

this is the second similar call.

:facepalm:

finished. for tonight. I get the numbers tomorrow.

This is the new way after giving money to anybody with a pulse for years.

Re:

Sounds familiar...I had 2x 45 minutes trying to apply for a credit card with a bank where I already have my current account.

They ran through all the security stuff again, even though my application was in response to their 'anything else we can help you wth, Sir?' question at the end of a call I'd made to them in the first place.

Then they entered my postcode wrong on the documents and insisted on doing the whole thing again when I pointed this out, even though we both agreed that it was a simple mistake on their part, and not really a security issue as they already had my address, and postcodes are public domain... They then had to post the new documents out to my house (using the correct postcode) for me to verify and sign that it was the correct postcode. :shock:

All the best,

Re:

Despite being very skeptical about these types in general, we used a local mortgage adviser after getting nowhere at all with the banks (I could have smacked the stupid and patronising RBS cow in the face for the way she stuck her nose up and declined to be of further assistance to us - particularly ironic when we learned a year or two later that RBS were actually bust!)

The mortgage adviser on the other hand chatted for about 20 minutes, photocopied a few bank statements and payslips; next day (as I recall - certainly wasn't much longer) he phoned back with a choice of excellent deals from a range of banks and all we had to do was choose one and sign on the dotted line. I couldn't quite believe it after the weeks wasted before hand with no success whatsoever!

grumpycommuter":459pvdvg said:
The History Man":459pvdvg said:
as i type i am 1h40m into a mortgage application phone call.

this is the second similar call.

:facepalm:

Hope they were paying for the call Jason.

Too right. They want my money.......

Looking to extend mortgage for home improvements.

Re:

A NATIONWIDE building society - not that I'm going to name names - posted my partners confirmation of change of address, to the old address.
Having told them online and in-branch of the new address.
You really couldn't write it could you? Oh, hang on , I just have :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

When HSBC started using code thingys for internet banking, mine never arrived. I phoned them, and they promised to send another. It never arrived.
I phoned them again and during a somewhat surreal conversation I asked them to confirm the address.
Turns out they were using an address a few years old (and two moves previously.)

How was that possible when I do everything online, including keeping my details up to date?

They said they were using a separate database, 'for security reasons' which hadn't been updated with the correct address.

WT actual F.

Back