Arghhhhhhhhhhh. Ebay seller rant content

Westfailure

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Not a rant about ebay as such. More the fools that use it.

Listed my son's 20" wheel Cube Race 200 as he has grown out of it and has moved up to a 26"

Listed as collection only but did offer you could collect from me in J3 M3, Dorking, Bristol or Basingstoke as I am in each one regularly for work. Clearly stated no package and posting.

Winning bid comes in and the immediate Paypal payment all looks good so far.

Winning biddr shows as being in Derbyshire. Oh well, I'm sure they have a plan in place.

In comes the email:

"I have paid for the bike, could you please pack it in a bike box and a courier will collect from you on Monday or Tuesday"

What bit didn't he get? Messages to and fro and he accuses me of being uncooperative and asks for a refund as I am not willing to complete the sale.

Not only packing but I was expected to wait in for 2 days for his courier to arrive.

I guess you can't argue with ignorance.

Rant over and thanks for the therapy RBers.

Presumably since the transaction went through you can leave some great negative feedback (ie Buyer unable to read simple instructions).

You have to tell him no, then refund his money and cancel the sale.

A drag so close to Christmas, but what can you do?

OK
This will minimize your annoyance somewhat in this Xmas period

Ignore every single bit of mail from him.
Just cut the fker totally out of the equation.

He will be forced to start the refund process which needs you clicking some stuff to make it all go through.
Do Nothing. Read no message,be that from Ebay(it would eb automated anyway and if it wasnt again nothing would happen because even a real operator from ebay would also need your acceptance for the refund process to go through quickly.
Bawheid by causing this problem is about to have to chucked back in his face and the door slammed

Because neither Ebay or the buyer can get a hold of you the next stage of the process is initiated to allow for an automated refund.
This could and usually does take weeks to go through. Each stage needs an answer and with that not forthcoming then the refund process grinds to a halt while it waits for the allotted time to expire where it can then proceed LEGALLY. You see, this is all legal. He can bluster but he's not got a leg to stand on and knowing this, you punish the fker for his cheek.
By delaying the entire refund process through non compliance ;)

As you can no doubt guess its Xmas time and no doubt ebay team will be working overtime to cover the myriad of problems such a size of operation always generates.
Could take months ;)

Look at it this way.
Say you suddenly(perish the thought) went into hospital. The above would apply. Suddenly your end would go quiet and getting nothing from you. would be forced to go the refund route.

I would say to leave the payment AND an approximate amount to cover any fees taken but not refunded via the customer refund, in paypal so that a refund goes through without costing anything.
Then email ebay at your pleasure, in the new year to have his negative feedback removed and your final fees refunded

MADJEZ":3htdjbkd said:
Presumably since the transaction went through you can leave some great negative feedback (ie Buyer unable to read simple instructions).

Sellers can't leave negative feedback anymore!

Rampage":3hoxcsp9 said:
MADJEZ":3hoxcsp9 said:

You can but you have to be tricky about it ;)

Rampage":c6v6x6xq said:

What ! Haven't sold anything for a while obviously.
But what is the point of feedback if you can't be honest.

'tis true, been like that for quite a while now, years not months. Seems a bit stupid. Does stop the 0.00001% of sellers threatening you with negative feedback if you complain but that's it.

You can't drag your feet a whole lot if there's a dispute.

If it was me I would accept the situation and try to resolve it with minimum fuss.

Explain to the guy that you wont post and let him know that you will apply to have the transaction cancelled.
Cancel the transaction, being careful not to accept responsibility, otherwise your 10% seller fees will not be refunded.
When he accepts the cancel request, you can refund the money, leave feedabck, get your fee refunded by ebay and move on.

Winding the guy up or any kind of aggesive or antagonist behaviour will only drag out this tediuous experience. Also, whats done is done, the only thing you can affect now are your seller fees being refunded or not and your feedback from the buyer.

Rise above, get it sorted and move on. I speak from experience!

mrgumby":yesl5uxb said:
Rise above, get it sorted and move on. I speak from experience!

Exactly. None of this is important.

It's a shame to not sell things, but really, not the end of the world. Your time is better spent making money doing something else.

Back