Parcel Farce alternative courier

barry2017

Old School Grand Master
Hello folks.

I am having real issues with Senditnow.com at the minute. I've had two collections not happen now, and their customer service are worse than useless.

Are there any alternative couriers you know of? I want to send a bike box full of bike stuff to our own lovely Al.

I might just take it down the post office tomorrow and see what happens. Fed up with waiting in now.

Just used paisley freight to send a full bike box. Changed the pick up location on the day, no problem, delivered next day gloucs to Plymouth. You print labels. TNT turned up. All good

i must admit after all these years and sending and recieving a good few frames, I have never had any trouble with parcel force, either domestic or international. The trouble I have had has been with middle men companies who use Parcel force or others and then piss around with pick up or delivery. They always blame someone else or just dont give a shit. Personally I would take it to the post office, make sure its insured and then send and forget.
If its only to Al, then send it bit by bit, day by day, as small parcels through Royal mail 2nd class small packet ;)

Jamie

Don't use MyHermes .... ever ! I had a massive fight with them recently where I bought a frame and the seller sent insured signed for delivery and of course it never showed. When I chased they claimed it had been delivered and signed for to my address as verified but the proof of delivery signature I eventually got out of them was simply a squiggle. Despite me claiming rightly that this was not mine nor anyone else in the property they repeatedly refused to believe that it hadn't been delivered as "the system said it had therefore you Sir are a liar!". In the end I had to threaten them with legal action as their driver had obviously forged my signature and left the parcel in the van for later and then after a week the parcel was mysteriously found at the depot ! No apologies. The word rhymes with tankers. :evil:

Paisley freight is great. No worries on box size either.

But not sure bikes are insured.

Great service from them always though.

My only hiccup with Royal Mail/Parcelforce was after sending some cranks to a buyer in Austria, I got an email a few weeks later asking where they were. Checked the tracking, to find they had landed safely in Sydney, Australia. The buyer had to wait another couple of weeks before they arrived. Needless to say, I never got any positive feedback off him!

I always use Parcel2Go.com for smaller items, and even with Collect+/MyHermes, things have gone according to plan (touch wood). Larger boxes (frames, etc) I need to use Parcelforce due to where I live, but again, no issues.

Re:

I've been using Parcelmonkey for bigger stuff. i got a motorcycle engine(750cc 4 cylinder 95kg) bought down from the north east for £26 :shock: It arrived in the back of a UPS van :D
They seem to operate in a similar way to senditnow but they use more than one courier.
Price wise, weight seems to be more relavent than size so a full bike would, i imagine, be less than £15.

Back