Old Mac help

development_cycle

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hello there to all you old Apple Mac fans (ok, so if I get no responses to this I 'll know that there aren't any on here).

I need some help.

I have always had a Mac, until the last couple of years, when all my old ones packed in at the same time. I have a bit of a situation that I need some help to get out of.

The 1st generation iMac, and G3 tower that I had both died a horrible death, but I retained the hard drives as they both contain data that I would like to retrieve, and of course I had not done a recent backup.

I think that the data is recoverable as it was a power issue on both machines that finally killed them, but I could be wrong.

So what I am looking for is someone who either has an old Mac or means of connecting up an old Mac hard drive to their's and recovering the data for me and sticking it onto some kind of portable hard drive!!

Let me know if you can help.

Cheers

If its is just a standard 3.5" drive can't you just buy a MAC compatible USB enclosure, whack the drive in and plug it into whatever piece of Cupertino chic-ness you now own?

neilll":349jigzh said:
If its is just a standard 3.5" drive can't you just buy a MAC compatible USB enclosure, whack the drive in and plug it into whatever piece of Cupertino chic-ness you now own?

Cheers buddy but I no longer own a Mac at all, so as far as I know this will not work will it?

Agency_Scum":34z0n37o said:
Absolute-mac.co.uk AND the guvnor's a retro ubermeister. Ask for Big Matt, tell him I sent you.

Thanks for that, I will follow that up if no-one on here can help. Should iIsay Agency_Scum sent me, or do I need to know your real name? ( :oops: sure I probably do know it as I've dealt with almost everyone on here by now... :roll: )

development_cycle":39h2c6mq said:
Cheers buddy but I no longer own a Mac at all, so as far as I know this will not work will it?

Ahhh...yeah, you need what I said AND a buddy with a Mac to get the data off.

Or you could try something like this: http://www.macdisk.com/mden.php3

It will allow you to read a Mac formatted drive on a PC (but all the usual disclaimers apply ;) )

Hello,
cheers Tin Tin! :LOL:

For the record I'm known as Mark Barnett and Agency Scum. :LOL:

Don't get Matt started on bikes though, before the computer business he was the best bike mechanic in the west country. He likes to piss off " modernists " by riding the downhill run at Cwmcarn on his 1990 Saracen Kili Flyer VERY VERY FAST in his jeans and t-shirt.

Possibly noticeable by my avatar to the left...

<-----------

I am / was a big Apple fan.

Collection currently stands at about 40 or so from the first to the latest...

(About five times my bike collection which is probably why I don't get moaned at too much by GirlBurning...!)

If you need help hooking up the drive I'd be more than happy to help out.

Cheers ears.

Back