Techie advice needed please

ringo

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
We need to replace our ageing Samsung Laser Printer as Windows RT does not support it in terms of drivers...

I am trying to find a reasonably priced monochrome multifunction laser printer (preferably wireless) that will definitely work with Windows RT 8.1. The Microsoft compatibility centre is next to useless in providing me with answers.

I am wary of Windows RT as I know it is a completely different architecture to standard Windows 8 and don't want to buy something that won't work!

Any of you guys got any ideas... or will I have to throw myself on the "experts" at PC World...

Re:

Almost certainly go wireless, makes life really nice with tablets and the phones.

As for laser printers just sent what samsung make if you are happy with it. Are these cheap laser printers? Home 100 to 150 quid ones?

Yes Ben... somewhere in that range. Trouble is understanding which have drivers specifically for RT versions of windows...

Can't you look for drivers on the printer manufacturer website to see if they make any?
Or have I missed the point somewhere!

It will get to that Chris... but I was kinda hoping someone would just post... I bought an xyz for £x and it works fine with my Surface RT/Yoga RT etc...

Just being lazy really...!

I think the cheap colour Samsung laser works with Win8.1 and with RT version from comments
but they are cheap for a reason probably.

Re:

Android printing app with cannon (both of the pixma ones) are crap.
Doubt the laser ones are any better.
They 'work' but you have few options other than to print.
Nothing like the windows option you get.
Thoughsince this is windows its the driver needing to be RT capable. Would think and 8.1 should be since I thought they where suppose to be universal. Though that could be win10 target. To much out the loop.
Canon do have a lost on their site, no idea if they do cheap lasers though.

As for Samsung I was thinking this sort of thing, at the bottom just double check with them
http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/prin ... 2835DW/SEE

We had one of their first a few years ago, colour one but packed in printing nicely after about 2 years of office (school) use. Wore it out.

Back