Anyone else notice how slow sales are at the moment?

Re:

Not noticed any change. Everything I sell on Ebay is returning very good prices.

Low - mid range stuff has been very slow for quite a while.

Boutique stuff like Ringle, Kooka, Grafton etc is still going for silly money.

mediocrity is in the doldrums.

I sell a lot of hifi and prices often go mad at this time of year with this year being no exception to the rule.

But only for the 'good' stuff.

Re: Slow sales

Yes, I have been shifting a few second hand items, I have been asking for rock bottom prices and still people are making ridiculous offers well below.
I have also noticed a stampede when the knock off food is wheeled out in the supermarket and the value brands sell out first.
This is in the affluent South, the country is hurting.

Meanwhile the clubs and bars in the City are ramp packed.

I've noticed the For Sale forum is pretty slow, same things listed and still not sold, and not a great deal of "interesting" stuff to buy either :?

Re:

You literally can't give things away sometimes, I notice there's been one or two people with karma stuff that hasn't been snapped up like it would have been once upon a time.

I've just decided it's time to give up trying to sell anything, it's very hard work, probably for all the reasons given in another thread on here re. the state of retrobiking. Plus all I have left is low end crap anyway! :facepalm: :LOL:

It's the time of year maybe, just been down in Devon/Dorset over the weekend Coomber, and the local pubs were dead, though I do think that may have much to do with the general attitude of the landlords sometimes. Having said that, I think it's been difficult on here selling wise all year....

When it comes to the pubs and clubs it is a great year up in the Highlands, with the referendum, Mod and Homecoming. Really on the up.

Back