So I'm on my way to pick up another bike........

FMJ

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
A rare beast, one of five built by a local builder who has since retired. Build thread once I get more parts in for it and start (need a 28.6 top pull XT M737 hint, hint). A call come in on my phone. It's my buddy. Says he's going riding, and wants to know if I'll be home. He's got a road legal XR 650 at the present, and I figure he's going out for a back country ride, so I tell him I'd be home in an hour or so.

"Cool. I'll be there in an hour or so. Dust off your leathers."

Huh? Leathers?

"I signed out a bike we took in on trade for the weekend. You're going to want to take it out for a rip."

Uh, ok.

Hour later he pulls into the driveway. Had it on Rain setting, so I never even heard him pull in. Go out to the driveway......Woah. Back in to the house to get the gear on. Fire it up. He cycles through the settings to Race and says "You wad it, and you're going to the bank tomorrow morning. Have fun."

13F90274-4639-4E8F-BF22-AC511207374A-282-000000030B189BE4_zpsfcc7b8b9.jpg

Traction control and wheelie control are kinda neat. Makes power slides almost boingly predictable. I liked the slipper clutch. Pull in the clutch, drop 2 gears, and release the lever. Backs into the corner effortlessly. It's just too fast. 3/4 squirt of the throttle, up 2 gears, on a short straight. Look down at the clock. 235. I'd kill myself on this once I got use to it. Fun though.

Back