a little personal announcement, working in NZ

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
some of you may already know this as i've mentioned this on Facebook, but i'd just thought i'd let you guys know aswel, I'm off to New Zealand for 6 months.

basically as some of you know i got made redundant at the end of july, i then went to the alps for a month, came back hoping to get a full time bike shop job, unfortunately there are no local full time jobs so i have been working part time in 2 shops to equal a full time wage but this is temporary.

as a result of that and recently splitting up with my GF i emailed a friend in NZ to ask about jobs there, 2 days later i was having a Skype interview for Burkes Cycles in Wellington, i'm now in the process of sorting the visa, which i should get hopefully next week, then i'll be on the first available flight out of here.

this is also the reason i have been selling some of my prized bikes (so if you know i have something you've always liked then now maybe the time for a cheeky offer even if i haven't listed it!)

it shouldn't affect my moderators duties and i'll still be online so in real terms it makes no difference to a lot of you but i just thought i'd mention it.

:D

Re: a little personal announcement

Sounds fantastic. Are you taking one with you?

Re:

yeah, bike is going with me, not sure what yet though. may have a new beast to take with me if it's here in time.

Awesome! This means we will get some quality pics and video from the NZ trails. Really we ought to be paying you!

Great place. I spent long enough time there to get my Kiwi citizenship, and except for some family drama (now almost resolved after seven years) I'd still be there.
Good people, nice lifestyle, good riding.

Pity you'll be in the middle of the earthquake zone and will probably die, but you can't have everything.

Re:

Thank God, when you said 'a little personal announcement', I thought perhaps you were thinking of a gender changing op....

Have a fantastic, amazing time, know what it's like to try and find cycle shop work over here, so good on you. Don't need a side kick do you.....?? :facepalm:

I hope you have a good six months out there, please keep us up ated
It is something I would love to do

Re:

jammy sod ;;should be good take lots of pics
but dont talk about the weather :D just going now should be nearly summer time.

Back