Pastorius Gets Short Prison Term

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
Have to say I am not with this at all, after following the case and trial closely. If I take my gun out and shoot into my bushes and inadvertently kill a passer by I am going down for longer than that.

Re:

I am just surprised no one has mentioned my misspelling of his name yet.

Hopefully he will do something in the clink to get more time, or appeal the sentence and have it increased. I don't know the S.A. system, but there must be some method of appeal for a greater sentence like we have here.

Remember O.J. Sampson?

One can only hope the 'bladerunner' will wind up in prison for a good stretch (he is a good looking boy) at some point.

I don't want to see him lauding it on the Jonathan Ross Show.

Re:

Not really sure what to make of the sentence TBH, as there are no witnesses except OP.
If it was a genuine accident, he has to live with the fact he shot dead his girlfriend, and will have to live with that for the rest of his life. Along with anything that happens to him in jail , somewhere between 10 months and 5 years.
Is that not enough punishment?
I really don't know. If it were my daughter, the 10 years the prosecution wanted would seem too short. So I contradict myself.
For the family of the girlfriend, they apparently feel that justice has been done, but for taking the life of their daughter, it seems far too short.
Either way, it's a tragic situation.

Finally FWIW, I wouldn't watch Jothathon Ross if I was paid to do so !

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":1b6d90ej said:
I am just surprised no one has mentioned my misspelling of his name yet.

Hopefully he will do something in the clink to get more time, or appeal the sentence and have it increased. I don't know the S.A. system, but there must be some method of appeal for a greater sentence like we have here.

Remember O.J. Sampson?

One can only hope the 'bladerunner' will wind up in prison for a good stretch (he is a good looking boy) at some point.

I don't want to see him lauding it on the Jonathan Ross Show.

I see what you did there with the 'i' again ;)

Re:

It is tragic all round. Nothing is going to bring Reeva back. But though I think he desrves longer I knew it would not happen. To be honest I was surprised he got 5 years.

I did wonder what would happen if a black South African had sentenced a white, hero to some, South African to a long sentence.

Mike Muz 67":3m19gau7 said:
Finally FWIW, I wouldn't watch Jothathon Ross if I was paid to do so !

I would, I need the money :)

I think the judge made a very wise decision, although I don't understand when given 5 years you don't even serve a year.

Alison

Re:

Will he be sharing a cell with this guy?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q27xtHbgXcU[/youtube]

REKIBorter":3c9rt2gr said:
Will he be sharing a cell with this guy?
That was filmed a while back, though, wasn't it?

I heard a rumour that he's since been released and is a "reformed" character...

And hasn't there been some degree of reform in the SA prison service, in general, since those times? Or do the gangs still run the places (in effect).

Back