Going sober for October

REKIBorter

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Anyone else thinking of doing this? I started on Friday, hoping to loose a bit of puppy fat as I have kept my rugby players physique. Getting out on the bike twice a week is going to help and making healthy choices at meal times.

Re:

dont drink a lot now, it does not agree with me
and god i miss it oh for a peroni :facepalm: or three :xmas-big-grin:

I've had 2 beers this year. I used to really like a drink as well.
Don't miss the hangovers one bit. I'd recommend cutting down to anyone.

I've always been able to take or leave it, really. Never went through that period of going bat-shit crazy with it in my late teens / early 20s, and I've never really got that thing about it being bragging points for blokes. And truth be told, never really encountered anything that I found particularly compelling.

Can't remember the last time I had any booze to drink, not sure I'd ever be that bothered if I never had any more for the rest of my life. Not particularly from a moral standpoint, although having experienced people who've had a little bit of an issue with it (or have end up with consequences from it) can be life-changing.

From what I see there's plenty that could do with cutting down, so maybe it's a good thing - seeing how people cope for a period without it, maybe it gives them a chance to consider whether what's become habitual, has gone a bit further than maybe they'd ideally choose.

Back