Bad vibrations.

videojetman

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I very recently bought a Ford Focus, it is a 2000 model 1.8 petrol.
It is great apart from when I start the engine there is a lot of vibration through the steering wheel,
And you can also see the mirrors vibrate. I changed the antiroll bar drop links, but the vibration is still present. This issue is only present when the car is parked, when driving it is fine.
Has anyone else had this issue with a Ford Focus, or any other car for that matter, and what was the remedy. Thanks in advance.

Re:

did anyone else think Brian Wilson had shuffled on when they read this post title?

....just me,then...

Re:

Have you checked the engine mount bushes, get someone to rev the engine whilst you look in the bay, check for any sideways, back and front movement with the engine ?

Re:

Bonnet up, clutch down, in gear, find the biting point and get someone to view the movement of the engine... Too much will also indicate wirn engune mounts

Anti roll bar bushes, even if worn, will do nothing to cure a vibration when at standstill.. Whoever told you that!?

Possibly a dual mass flywheel on the way out, if it starts to break up then it'll be unbalanced causing vibration.

Back