Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:22 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:20 am 
MacModerator
MacModerator

Really sorry about this but know bugger all about lawnmowers( don't feel embarrassed if you do :wink: ). Is this a good deal?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7302299/Trail/C%24cip%3D1500011159.Garden%2C%2BDIY%2Band%2Bleisure%3EC%24cip%3D1500011239.Lawnmowers.htm

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:35 am 
Retro Guru

Cheap as chips, unlikely to break if you look after it ok (I don't and mine still work!). Petrol strimmer ideal - just do it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:37 am 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider

Thanks Kaiser , I need one too , and that seems a good deal .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:43 pm 
Retro Guru

Not a bad price!
The house I am buying has a lawn which requires 1.5mile of walking to mow with a normal mower!!! So I have decided to buy the guys ride-on mower to do the job with :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:09 pm 
MacModerator
MacModerator

rc300 wrote:
Not a bad price!
The house I am buying has a lawn which requires 1.5mile of walking to mow with a normal mower!!! So I have decided to buy the guys ride-on mower to do the job with :lol:

Superb, any mods in the pipeline? Gotta have a flame paint job :D

You make me feel inadequate now, went a bought the argos job, will report back with a review :lol: when I've figured out how to put it together and use it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:11 pm 
Retro Guru

Tip tip on how not to use a strimmer....

A few years ago i was strimming the edges of the lawn by the garage wall when the strimmer ran out of nylon wire, Quick look in the garage confirmed there was none left. Now i really couldn't be bothered doing the B&Q run thing so an ingenious thought came into my head. Ten minutes later i fired up the electric strimmer with a new nicely trimmed down mountain bike brake cable instead of the nylon wire... Well this thing was so vicious at cutting i had to wear steelies and keep away from the wall as it would rip the mortar out of the joints. Scary stuff but it did the job :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:15 pm 
Retro Guru

You should try the ones with the solid blades - kinda reminds me of Vincent and Maximillian from the movie 'The Black Hole'. Showing my age, I know!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:54 pm 
BoTM Winner
BoTM Winner

exbiker wrote:
Tip tip on how not to use a strimmer....

A few years ago i was strimming the edges of the lawn by the garage wall when the strimmer ran out of nylon wire, Quick look in the garage confirmed there was none left. Now i really couldn't be bothered doing the B&Q run thing so an ingenious thought came into my head. Ten minutes later i fired up the electric strimmer with a new nicely trimmed down mountain bike brake cable instead of the nylon wire... Well this thing was so vicious at cutting i had to wear steelies and keep away from the wall as it would rip the mortar out of the joints. Scary stuff but it did the job :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mate of mine 'tuned' one that he got from the parks department with a steel cable and a nut on the end, he could cut through fenceposts with it. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:01 pm 
Retro Guru

kaiser wrote:
rc300 wrote:
Not a bad price!

Superb, any mods in the pipeline? Gotta have a flame paint job :D

You make me feel inadequate now, went a bought the argos job, will report back with a review :lol: when I've figured out how to put it together and use it.

Thought some neons would look good for some evening mowing 8)

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:21 pm 
Retro Guru

kaiser wrote:
Really sorry about this but know bugger all about lawnmowers( don't feel embarrassed if you do :wink: ). Is this a good deal?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7302299/Trail/C%24cip%3D1500011159.Garden%2C%2BDIY%2Band%2Bleisure%3EC%24cip%3D1500011239.Lawnmowers.htm

Thanks.

I know nothing about lawnmowers but the only concern i would have from experience is how easy is getting a replacement blade for the mower as it is a "big name" make?