Road cyclists and hydration

Re:

In long road races they pick up and discard bottles as they go. Swapping out a camel pack would be too cumbersome.

I'm no racer, but I still use bottles because I've yet to find a camel pack bladder that doesn't taste disgusting. :?

I've not used bottles since I had a frame snap from a loose bottle cage bolt which loosened the boss then caused the frame to crack.

Logic.Al":1eidhy0n said:
I've not used bottles since I had a frame snap from a loose bottle cage bolt which loosened the boss then caused the frame to crack.
Has the bolt since moved on to it's dreams of world domination?

And also the distances they do its bad for your skin to have a hot sweaty pack on your back for hours on end, not to mention the disruption to the aerodynamics, they might as well stop shaving and polishing their legs too lol!

I use a camelbak all the time for off-road riding, but only ever use bottled water and my bladder tastes fine!

I shall be breaking a few rules on that list. I'll be using off road shoes, a camel back, Baggies and the visor :) I'll only buy one type of cycle shoes and I refuse to wear lycra anyway.

Doesn't using a visor give you a cricked neck?
Or is your helmet tipped so far back on your head it doesn't work anyway?

Either that or your bars are high enough to give U2 pilots a nasty shock.

Actualllly y'all. You need to have near to hand a heavy yet non damaging object to hurl at idiots in cars.

Latest posts

Back