photo resizer for win8?

foz

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I'm still on the learning curve for win8 (coming straight from XP), and need help finding an image/photo resizer please! On my XP machine I have "XP powertools" installed, which gives a handy resize option when right clicking on an image file or multiple image files.

Does anyone know if there's anything like that for win8? the XP tool took literally 3 clicks to resize a whole load of images to a smaller size, ideal for posting on RB :)

I've installed a program I saw recommended, but it won't even look for images that aren't in my image folder :facepalm:

the XP powertools were great, but I haven't found a win8 equivalent yet.

thanks!

can get many tools for photo messing about but if its just to resize use paint reduce by 50% 3x and its an ideal size for posting on forums.

Microsoft Pro Photo tools - it's freeware, and from Microsoft, so does work on Windows 8.

Also allows you to do other edits to EXIF / metadata, and simple stuff like rotation.

Not an editor, though, like photoshop or gimp.

That image resizer is just the job! I don't need an editing tool, just something to make batches of photos smaller, for posting on RB :LOL:

I have irfanview for editing, but don't think it has a batch resizing option, and if it does it's certainly not as easy to use as the image resizer.

thanks all!

They dropped the resizer for W7, not sure if it was reinstated as there was a bit of an outcry.
Im using a 3rd party one and have been since W7 came out.

Google the question is how i found the forum where someone provided a link and it was a simple install.
I would be lost without mine :cool:

Back