British Gas

Chopper the ex Copper

Alpinestars Fan
Had a wonderful argument with the idiots at British Gash yesterday. Allow me to enlighten you...

Being lazy I've kept my electricity and gas accounts with British Hash. In my defence, I do o occasionally check to be sure I'm on the cheapest applicable priceplan.

Anyway, as of yesterday I am £40 notes in credit on the leccy, £120 in credit on the gas. Therefore, it would seem that My Direct Debit is paying slightly more than I am using.

All tickedyboo.

Until the post lass came yesterday, and brought me a letter from British Puss. They say they aren't happy with hundreds of millions in profit, and despite me paying slightly more than I use each month they are DOUBLING the amount they steal by DD each month.

Straight on the blower to their customer services for an explanation. Alas, the woman had the charisma of Gary Glitter and was as much use as Nick Clegg, and refused to give me an explanation or return the DD to its precious level.

So cancelled the DD.

Each month on pay day I pay my council tax on line. All I'll do now is rea My meters that day, submit the readings, and pay on line to the penny.

Instead of being happy with a little bit of a surplus from me they had to get greedy. Their stupid corporate greed and legendary customer services means they've lost that in one easy move.

Is anyone else starting to get a little bit f****d off at being screwed over by corporate Britian?

Re:

I think everyone is getting f**cked off with corporate Britain.
Funny how life is so much better now we have totally embraced a free market economy...as a consumer we have such a choice of competitive pricing. Ha, I knew it was bollo*ks from day one.

So...what shall we do about it?

How about accept the slow realisation that life has more importance than a few quid in either direction. It's only money after all.

But unsolicited sales phone calls...............

Re: Re:

Harryburgundy":1i0zlvj0 said:
I think everyone is getting f**cked off with corporate Britain.
Funny how life is so much better now we have totally embraced a free market economy...as a consumer we have such a choice of competitive pricing. Ha, I knew it was bollo*ks from day one.

So...what shall we do about it?

Been with British Gas for a couple of years and they've been faultless. Wonder if it's a regional thing.

Because I requested a withdrawal of my credit balance on my leccy, they dropped my direct debit by a tenner a month. I randomly do the price comparison thing and there's not enough of a difference to make it worthwhile changing.

ebay on the other hand... completely different story altogether.

Re:

Ive had issues with EDF in the past .
Whenever they compared my payments to my usage each year , they would want to increase my dd by a lot more than the difference . So I'd add double what I owed to what I normally pay , divide it by 12 and get what I should pay .
Then I'd get on the phone , explain all of this , then they'd ask me what I want to pay each month ! Told them , they agreed and sent confirmation in the post .

Mike

Re:

British Gas are pure evil. The Time Bandits grade black coal stuff.

Rented a flat for six months, and then moved out. Sent them our end readings. Paid the resulting bill.

3 months later a new bill arrived where they claimed to have taken readings while I was at work, and the missus was out of the country. We apparently owed an additional £80.

Phoned them. Explained and they promised to sort it. A few weeks later, a letter from their debt collection arrived. Rang again - and they denied all knowledge of previous contact. Rinse and repeat four times over the next year with each new set of letters getting nastier and nastier. Sick wife with the bill being in her name getting more and more stressed by it all.

Finally, rang them up - said I was recording the conversation (which I was) and would forward it, and a diary of all previous contact to Energy Watch unless they resolved it immediately. I was passed up to someone who finally sounded competent, and a week later had a letter saying it was all sorted.

Now with another energy company, have a pay as you go meter. Might cost a little more perhaps - but in fact, there's a net payment from them due to our house having solar panels.

Dont you just love em, for years they tried to synchronise my gas consumption with that of my neighbours (who all have gas heating) they got as far as accusing me of nobbling the meter, when the engineer arrived to replace the meter he walked in, saw my multifuel stove, made an adjustment on his trichorder, apologised then left. Then there were the plethora of calls trying to flog me boiler insurance, I repeatedly told them that my boiler is a 50kg lump of cast iron with a burning log in it and one moving part.......
I dont do business with them any more

Back