Day Trip To London, Wish I Never Needed To.

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
So I went down for a day, and unfortunately it was for a funeral.

I have known this kid since he was born, and his family are more or less mine. My wife has been part of their 'family' for over thirty years. I used to bottle feed him, we were babysitters number one.

Murdered in cold blood, by total strangers, just as he ventured out as a man.

Last time I spent good time with him he was up on holiday, feeding a herd of Highlands and jamming with some serious local musos in a local studio. We went fishing at night and he was a joy to sit in a boat with for four hours, jamming with me on our smartphones. I got him driving one of the Argocats and he was full of joy and crying tears of joy with excitement.

This world stinks sometimes.

Re:

So sad, my condolences...

Yes the world can be a terrible place.

al. :(

Flyer, something over 20 years ago, now, my brothers best friend, and a close family friend was murdered in cold blood, too.

Even worse, it looked like it was going to remain unsolved. However, some years later - in fact a long time later, when, I suspect, everybody involved had given up on there ever being any justice metered out, there was a break and the culprit(s) were apprehended, tried and convicted. It doesn't come near to addressing the loss, but when such a resolution happens, it does provide a certain degree of salve.

The world is a horrible, brutal, savage and at times, a hugely inequitable place - where sometimes, the nicest, most peaceable people, doing nothing more innocuous than minding their own business, are snatched from us, in the blink of an eye, with little more consideration than scratching an itch by the perpetrators.

These things will always be wounds. But those lost live on in our happy memories of them.

Back