Private Cars Cannot Be Sold With Road Tax From October 2014

Ian Raleigh":1fsbi8ev said:
http://www.motoring.co.uk/car-news/private-cars-cannot-be-sold-with-road-tax-from-october-2014_60347?utm_source=motoring.co.uk&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=newsletter&src=motoring&fb_action_ids=677819058936346&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=aggregation&action_object_map=%5B1393485797572376%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22og.likes%22%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

Surely no UK car has had Road Tax since 1937 anyway? </pedantry> ;)

David

Re:

Apologies for the inevitable "soapboxing" on my part re. the whole Road Tax myth!

David

Re:

If it goes this way they are really going to rake in lots more revenue.

You buy a car from me 6th July taxed to end of July. You have to buy tax for July. I already did; but I can't get it back.

Total rip off.

They are introducing monthly tax. Completely ridiculous as you ought to be able to pay from the day you use it, and receive refunds from the day you stop using/owning it. If it is to be computerised this is simple and would be the only fair way forward.

Wouldn't be so bad if they'd put some of the extra money this'll generate towards public transport, so less of us need to bother with cars in the first place. But tories.

Re:

I'm of the opinion that it should be within the price of fuel . I still am . After all , you couldn't drive anywhere without having paid it .

Mike

To my mind it makes more sense to combine it with insurance. Someone comes to buy a car from me I check they are insured, before they drive it off alone. Job done.

legrandefromage":28jx5zge said:
How on earth are they going to police whether a car is sold with 'your' tax or somebody elses?
Ta ta ta ta...
Mere details....
Just add it to the w4nky num6er pl4tes , ugly wife window tints, builders on the phone, blonde bints texting, etc, etc that are more than a tad naughty but go unpunished.
We need a fleet of roboplod in unmarked 6000SUXs to deal with the dumb drivers already.
Hollow points;not 3 points!

Back