Another idiotic driver

computerbitz

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Surprised the guy was standing at the end the video on this very lucky indeed, i had similar many years back when i had to swerve to avoid the back end of some bimbo in a BMW hit some old woman who thankfully was fine. Though she after a few months try to claim against me i was thankful that she admitted in the back of the ambulance that it wasn't my fault and the drivers as she seen them just pull out on me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... d-cam.html

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctsDl7g6a1w[/youtube]

Mine was many many years ago, she claimed she was frightened to go out and cross roads alone without a family member or friend with her as a result of it leaving her lacking confidence.

I was lucky to have it happen right outside an ambulance station and they was also outside the station working on or cleaning the ambulance at the time cant recall what but they also seen it happen so that helped.

It was a few months before xmas that she tried to claim reckon it was family telling her get that bloke for hitting you and your sorted for xmas or something. It had to be something like that as all the time in the back of the ambulance while I was apologising and so on to her over and over she kept saying it wasn't my fault and seen what the driver had done.

Re:

'kin 'ell ! How far did he fly unaided?
THat was 30 secs of potential death at every junction-noses out, straddling lines- and then the bastard came from the right.

Re: Re:

suburbanreuben":2gf5vgxq said:
'kin 'ell ! How far did he fly unaided?
THat was 30 secs of potential death at every junction-noses out, straddling lines- and then the bastard came from the right.

+1 - I couldn't believe it. The small stretch of cycle lane being rendered
completely useless too. Looks like the forks snapped on impact.

I am going to be a little controversial and wonder aloud if he was being cautious enough.

Not excusing the driving in any way, but as a rider you have to expect that to happen now and then and I would have probably dusted a little speed off as I approached that hazard.

More like another idiotic cyclist who thinks he can ride on the road in safety.

Wake up mate, this is 2014, those days are a long distant memory, I only ride off-road these days, I'm lucky to have this weird sense of self preservation and together with common sense works brilliantly.

Re:

As cyclists we have to expect the worst from drivers :(

If I was crippled In hospital the fact that it wasn't my fault would not help at all.

At the end of the day we have the most to loose :!:

Wise words Mr Maker. When you're laying in a pool of blood with your thigh bone sticking out your skin, shouting "it was my right of way", as I have seen people do, really is no consolation.

Back