Moving pics from a mobile to something else - help required

TGR

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Afternoon all,

After a long period of getting my ear bent about my old mobile phone from my wife and daughter, I finally took the plunge and got a new phone - an iPhone 5s and I happy enough with it.

My problem is that I need some pics and a few short videos taken off my old Android phone - 2 of the vids are very important to me. Any bright ideas how I can do this would be appreciated.

Thanks all and have a great weekend,

Richard

Unless I'm missing something, it should be straightforward enough to just connect the old phone to a computer using a USB cable. From there you should be able to browse the file system and copy the photos on to the computer.

Re:

What android phone is it and what version of androids running on it, simple way would be install drop box on it and laptop or pc and sync then install dropbox on iphone and do same you should then have a backup on laptop and pc and then it on new phone

The phone is an HTC something. It is reasonably old. I doubt i can do much with it as the card is in my new phone but i stand to be corrected.

Richard

Should still if it will allow it be able to access certain apps and so on. Regardless of sim being in or not. take the back off and look under the battery for model and post will help to know what model and what android versions on it.

I presume you mean the SIM card? In any event you can connect it to WiFi and do as computerbitz suggested, or through a cable to your PC as I suggested. You don't need a SIM for either of those.

Another thought occurs, if you have a memory card in the HTC, you could put the photos and vids on that and put that into a computer if you have the corresponding slot/adapter.

I think there is a memory card. I presume that the video will be on it too? I will have a look at it in the morning.

Thanks,

Richard

If its on a card grab a sdhc usb adaptor and plug it into comp get them for as little as £2 on the bay and probably no more than a tenner at shops or supermarket

Any android phone will have nearly full functionality without the SIM. Basically it currently is a small tablet that can also call emergency services.

As long as you let it connect to your WiFi network, it'll be able to download Dropbox, upload the pics and videos, etc.
Transferring via USB is possible too.

Latest posts

Back