Missing item in post, HELP!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEANSTEPHENS

GT Fan
Feedback
View
I've recently sold an iPod on eBay, it's been a week now and I've been told its not yet arrived. I've had a case opened against me and the money is now on hold in my account. I can't find the postage reciept anywhere either so I don't know what to do. I'm 21 on a small apprentice wage so I really can't afford to lose my iPod plus the £150 refund price when it's not even my fault it's gone missing :?

I know it's not bike related but I'm sure some of you have experienced the same thing so Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers!

Um sorry, I think you've had it. The ipod has most proably arived safe and well and they are trying to get it for fee. Without a postage receipt you may as well just give up and settle the account. Sorry.

Re:

Is there literally nothing I can do? Don't I need to give consent for the refund or something? How is it on that I foot the bill for this when I've done everything in accordance. I barely have a penny to my name, this really isn't something I can afford

Did you pay for the postage with a debit or credit card? Check with the postal depot that you mailed it from. They may be able to assist as well.

Re:

I would look into whether or not you can get your transaction at the Post Office traced. You presumably sent it insured?

I also assume you sent the tracking number to the customer once you had posted it, so you ought to have a record of it.

Worse case scenario move on one of your bikes and take it on the chin, you are hardly short of metal!

Hope it works out for you.

mattr":264l6cki said:
You did insure and track it didn't you?

I hope so!! Without the reciept I can't do anything anyway and I've sold so much recently I can't remember. It's just suspicious that only the more expensive item apparently hasn't turned up. All the cheap ones I sold on here arrived no problem.

The chap who bought it seems overly polite, and I find it strange that he opened a case only 3 days after the item was due to arrive. I have a feeling he's trying to pull a fast one.

Only bike I have by the way is my 94 zaskar and it's not going anywhere ;)

Time to spend an hour going through ALL your paperwork then.
Without the tracking number, ebay and the buyer will shaft you, without the receipt, the post office will do you again.

Next time, put all your ebay paperwork in a folder, so you don't lose it.

SEANSTEPHENS":1bc3xuxp said:
mattr":1bc3xuxp said:
You did insure and track it didn't you?

I hope so!! Without the reciept I can't do anything anyway and I've sold so much recently I can't remember. It's just suspicious that only the more expensive item apparently hasn't turned up. All the cheap ones I sold on here arrived no problem.

The chap who bought it seems overly polite, and I find it strange that he opened a case only 3 days after the item was due to arrive. I have a feeling he's trying to pull a fast one.

Only bike I have by the way is my 94 zaskar and it's not going anywhere ;)

He probably is and you will have to chalk this up to experience if you send it without a signature. I had someone try that once with a laptop, which they stopped pretty bloody quickly when I show them their scanned signature accepting the delivery.

Carl.

I'm sure there is a whole class of ebay buyers who do little whoops of excitement when they get untracked packages through the post.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back