Tour de France in Yorkshire... who's going?

im going for a stag do, watch out for me dressed as a musketeer and feck knows what leon(the stag) will end up looking like. should be o'rite.

Re:

I've got a badly timed holiday , unless they're going near the Welsh borders . Also miss out on a local ride on Sat 12th for the same reason :roll:

Re:

Yes i managed to book some time off and hopefully see them on the Woodhead Pass and see the JMC memorial on day two as they go right past it :cool:

I shall be taking road bikes though as the wife is going and she prefers the road to off road :roll:

Re:

Yup, I'll be there - I have friends in York so no accomodation problems for me! Plan is to watch Stage 1 go through Pool initially, then head across for the finish in Harrogate, and watch the Stage 2 roll-out the day after.

David

Re:

I'll not be at the TdF, but having attended the ToB a few times, my advice is get to your chosen spot early, VERY early.

A couple of years ago, my son and I went to see the ToB up near Princetown. We were there two hours before the peleton came through, and only just managed to get parked, as there must have been hundreds of thousands of people in the National Park. I'm sure the TdF is going to be a lot more popular.

Re:

From the villages that it passes through they are having stricken parking and rediculous fees to park the cars somewhere else. They'll almost be on lock down. A few friends that live in the villages are a bit peeved, though excited.

Watch them in remote parts if I where you, dales hills would be good but they are charging to stand in the fields and you'll have to walk to them of course.

Masham would be a good place, you might have to start camping now. A few black sheeps would do nicely.

Re:

seeing that I can walk to the route from home, I'm deffo going. Still unsure where and what sort of day I'll be making of it.

Everyone I know has different ideas. All I know is you have to make one choice only and stick at that location. Many are saying catch it here, then there - no chance

Back