Dead patch of grass - Very odd?

drcarlos

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
About 2 weeks ago my wife bought a paddling pool for the kids and put it on the lawn, we agreed it would be emptied once a week and moved to stop the grass being killed. So she emptied it last weekend. In the centre of where the pool was is a small (18 inches in diameter) perfectly round circle of dead grass that stinks (of poo)! The rest of the grass that was covered is fine and undamaged. Anyone got any ideas of what has happened?

Carl.

Re:

Might be worth lifting a little of it and having a look underneath, sounds like there's a round man hole cover under there, you'd be surprised how many get grassed over or have a garden put on top! (I'm talking from experience, I keep finding them all over the place here)

Re: Re:

andyz":1sursahl said:
Fox urine?

Will that kill grass and create a stink that smells like shite?

There are foxes in the vicinity, so could be a good shout. We initially thought the smell was fox crap, but the wifes investigation revealed that what we thought was fox poo didn't smell at all.

Will also stick a fork in the lawn to see if there is anything under the patch at fork depth.

Carl.

Re:

Yes, fox piss kills grass, but I don't think it smells like poo. Maybe the fox was ill? :LOL:
Fox shite is horrible stuff, we have it all over the garden. :(

Re:

Bike degreaser is a very effective grass killer, he says, looking over at the two bald patches on the lawn.

Back