No bike new (old) motor

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Well...I am bikeless at the moment as I felt the need to buy a stupid car mainly for work reasons. The Golf I mentioned on an earlier thread didn't materialise for various reasons then something popped up and I could not resist. I'm not really a petrol head but this seemed a good deal...whatcha think. I gave it a test drive and it felt very tight and that boxer motor felt sweet. Pictures soon
1996 Subaru Impreza Sport AWD seriously one lady owner with a documented 36k miles on the clock. All totally original. Full stamped service history. The interior is mint and the exterior is sound but with paint fade and peeling top coat. Worth having detailed?

On an age basis yup; could probably be a good idea to at least check it. I bet it was already done though. Mine (same engine) had it done at 86k and is currently on 106k so good for a while yet. If it was not in the book and on the cover I would have checked it by now and probably done it with the tensioners and water pump. Sadly, the timing belt is the least of my worries.

Having smashed her around in the heather she is making all sorts of noises underneath. Matron!

..........it's a Sport :) nothing there to stress anything too much, kick the tyres and light the fires :)

Shaun

PS Stick 400 BHP on them and they can be a bit more prone to break things LOL

1qlwnc.jpg

2ry5xqb.jpg

Back