Best use for a "Boris Bike"

Re:

Sorry to disappoint, but they are trials bikes with blue bits added.

Brilliant video though.

Nice vid...

Damnit, I miss London. Used to live 2 minutes from the bike kitchen... a really cool project btw, effectively a drop in centre to teach people how to fix and maintain their own bikes, allowing use of work stands and tools. http://lbk.org.uk/

Re:

I guess if you can't compete with the likes of MacAskill or Ashton find a gimmick.

It does tip a nod to the 'Boris' machines though, and that must be a good thing, a reflection of their undoubted popularity. They are very well used now, so the whole bike scheme seems to have been a success. Nice if people remembered the man who was really behind making London more bike friendly.

I used to miss London too, but I am rarely there now by choice. Would rather be twenty minutes from world class trails than two minutes from a hipster bike shop.

Re:

If a recent news story is anything to go by, apparently the best use of a Boris bike is to provide £10m-worth of free advertising to a high street bank who won't cough up their contribution to TfL's cycle hire scheme. Allegedly. ;)

David

Back