Aaargh it's Eroica Brit..

joe careless

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hmmm beginning to wonder now, how daft is this going to be and dare I say is this going to be one of those events where fat wallets win prizes, not that I have a chance it is just I have a smidge of an idea that those of us heading (I'm cycling part of the journey there) with run of the mill bikes will be snubbed. hey ho onwards the revolutions. BTW any knowledge of cheap camping nr. Buxton I'm using the cheapy off peak train tickets??

Re:

I do wonder how it'll pan out, hope its popular, but it doesn't involve drinking, football and minimal physical effort ruling out most of the UKs interest.

The Mrs and I are going camping for the weekend, Bakewell and the Peaks are nice anyway Eroica is a good excuse for a weekend away.

We're staying with the Bongo at Green hills.

http://www.greenhillsholidaypark.co.uk/

We have stayed at Beechcroft too, which is nice and not far from The Monsal Trail to get in and out of Bakewell.

http://www.beechcroftfarm.co.uk/

Re:

There might still be places, they upped the limit from 1500 to 2000 a while ago.

I was all set for this and I think the all in price of £70 with camping for three days is a bargain. However, I am not keen on camping, so a ride only price would have been a good idea.

As it turns out, this is the same weekend as Mountain Mayhem, so that's where I'll be.... in a tent :facepalm:

joe careless":2ego8s8n said:
BTW anyone hear of what bike security is being offered????

Keep the bike up close to the tent with a piece of string tied to it and your leg.

Re: Re:

stewlewis":1zw7q4yz said:
I do wonder how it'll pan out, hope its popular, but it doesn't involve drinking, football and minimal physical effort ruling out most of the UKs interest.

"Drinking, football and minimal physical effort" - you've pretty much summed up Rooney's World Cup in a nutshell before a ball's even been kicked. ;)

Actually, with the TdF hitting nearby Sheffield only a couple of weeks later, Eroica interest ought to be pretty strong.

David

Back