D**kheads

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Is it just me or is there an explosion of d**kheads. In the last couple of years I've came into more abuse on the bike than ever before. Today a can of cider from a moving car , I've had cars fly up and shout abuse and one absolute tit undertake me in a bus stop. Same profile of young guy and a shit motor, don't get me wrong I was young once too and had cars but was never abusive of other road users. Rant over :x

Rejoice! You forget the law of nature that states the chaviness of the car/driver/behavior is in inverse proportion to the longterm survivability potential. Just try to imagine how funny their face will look smeared across the inside of the wheel arch of a 40 ton truck as they attempt a Steve McQueen maneuver sans-skill in their £50 Corsa.

Yes alot more d!cks around now, make me uncomfortable night riding alone, been shouted at loads and had bottles thrown a few times.

A few years back while cycling uphill one afternoon with my 3 year old in the child seat on the back, a car cut me up whilst beeping its horn and cheers rose as I hit the kerb and stumbled off - the cheers were from the girls driving the car. T!ts. I was too busy checking my son was ok to get their plate.

I think it's down to the fact cars seem to be a lot cheaper for bangers these days :!: So every one's got one.
You were lucky to get one for 7-800 quid when i started driving.
A few years ago i was with a group ridding along a country lane when a
red corsa came at us, even swerved towards us. We all shouted abuse at the two lads, so they turned around for a second pop :shock: As they pulled along side us i punched the wing mirror clean off into the passengers face :LOL: At that they accelerated off into the distance as we all laughed out loud, i don't think they will be trying that one again ;)

heathy":2oav7fqi said:
I think it's down to the fact cars seem to be a lot cheaper for bangers these days :!: So every one's got one.

Once things get cheaper then the problems start :(

tintin40":39eqoxku said:
heathy":39eqoxku said:

Once things get cheaper then the problems start :(

Yup, the next thing you know, any old wannabe'll be able to afford a Trimble ;) :twisted:

I think it's down to the fact cars seem to be a lot cheaper for bangers these days So every one's got one.

yes but back then insurance was £50 - now it's £2000 (not that they bother... :roll: )

Not for me it wasn't, i passed my test in 1991 and bought a x plate vw jetta 1.1 [ like a mk1 golf with a boot ] for £900. The insurance was £800
:shock:

I teach these knobheads to drive. They are like mice when in my car but put them in a corsa with a "i am a tw@t" big bore exhaust and all of a sudden they are niki lauda!
I have had water (i hope it was water), bottles, eggs and all forms of abuse thrown at me! Last week a middle aged woman stepped off the kerb without looking either way in front of me. When I asked her if she ever looked before crossing she said no! So i pointed out she is liable to be run over (by me if i ever see her again) and carried on.

Back