Bespoked Bicycle Show 2014 and 2015

Agency_Scum

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
1. Is there a thread about this already up?

2. I've heard the gossip as to why it's coming back to Bristol; anyone know why really?

Re:

i heard that even though the velodrome show in london was a success visitor wise and promotionally it was still to expensive as a venue overall. personally i like the venue because there was a huge amount of space.

i don't have an issue with the show moving generally around the country, the only thing i want is the ability to move around the show stands without constantly bumping into every other person there, 2013 at bristol was awful (for me) because of that.

Re:

You would have loved the Welsh show at Newport velodrome then; when we went at 10.00am on Sunday, there were more exhibition staff than visitors.

Two hours later it was still the same.

I would be pleased if Bespoked came back to Bristol, but that's a purely selfish standpoint. :oops:

Re:

I get the impression it's very " cherished " in Bristol and in just the 3 years it was here it turned into Bristol's biggest bike event of the year. I don't include the great Bikefest or Bristol's Biggest Bike Ride as they're cycling ( actually turning the cranks ) events. Bloody delighted it's coming back.

Re:

one specific good thing about it being in brizzle is that i can blast up there on the motorbike, it's a fun ride from here in southampton via the A roads, a 2 hour hooligan ride! :twisted:

One thing to bear in mind with expensive bike exhibitions is since that eeeeenormous haul of super hi-end bikes that got ripped off from the london bikeshow (totally up for correction on that name) insurance must be prohibitive. Glad it's back in Bris it is where it belongs.

Re:

I checked train times to Bristol (from Manchester) for the same morning I went to this years London show.
It was an hour longer and I would have had to make 3 changes.
Crazy. It's better off where there are better transport links.

Back