Is it the youth of today?

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
My brother in law who is 15 years younger than me and my hubby, says he has a month before his baby is born and he's afraid for his wife and babies life as he's seen so much death in his life.

Now I'm not knocking his fear for his girlfriend and baby, when you're pregnant or a potential father you are concerned but I don't get the "I've experienced so much death in my life"

I've known mmy brother in law since his birth and his mother etc. since I was 3 and the only desth he has been alive for was his dad's, who died before he was 2.

When he came to my house with my other brother in law 18 years his senior, he went on and on about how rough his life was, never got anything he wanted and never got sweets. I said to him when his three siblings were young your mum had to work, bring up three children, pay for a mortgage and feed and cloth them, when you were born yoir mum had a 14, 15 and 18 year old by 4 they had all left home and you were bought up basically as an only child, you screamed and yelled until you got what you wanted and always had a handful of sweets. His oldest bro said, thsnk you someone really needed to say that.

The thing is, my grandparents died, I saw his dad in a coffin, far to small for his size and as an auxiliary nurse a dead old man laid out on a bed naked and passed out but I don't think I've experienced death, a veteran soldier can say that or someone with experience of mass murder.

Is this modern day youth, that describe everyday life events as an, I've experienced real horrors and want therapy, or sm I just a cynical hard hearted barsteward that needs publicly flogging.

I think get these young folk to talk to people with real experiences.

Alison

Back