Biking and bulls

Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Not sure which forum to put this in , but here goes .
I were out ridin' m e boike tonight through some fields (bridleways of course) , when i came across a few cows/bulls in some of them .
Was just wondering if any of you know what to do if one of them gets the hump , and decides to run at you ? :shock:
I don't
Sorry if this has been covered before , also , funny tales to be included

Thanks ,

Mike ;)

Re:

Try not to wear this sort of thing when you go riding

video-games-bullfighter-small-40751.jpg

Highland cattle are stubborn more than aggressive, I have lived among them many years without issue. I guess they won't conceive to a human.

Re:

I was out riding with 2 friends a couple of years ago, we could see a heard of young bulls far off over the other side of a large field. The field was very rough with long grass, so rather than ride, we walked slowly along one side, but had to make a run for it and dive over the gate as they approached; threw the bikes over the gate then jumped over after them. I don't think they were being aggressive, just curious, but we didn't want to take any chances.

There are quite a few injuries and deaths each year in the UK caused by cattle, so when I've come across fields of cattle, either cows or bulls, whilst out walking or riding I will generally go around the field, or even turn back rather than risk it.

Back