Mountain Bike Centre Ideas?

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
OK

After a lot of schemes and dreams we are looking at buying into or creating our own business on a popular MTB trail. Given location, we are talking about a hostel/b&b end, and a self service optional workshop, as well as bike hire and all the usual facilities like collection/delivery/recovery.

We are not dependant on mountain biking, but what would you as a mountain biker want from accommodation on a national trail?

Re:

Secure bike storage, Good showers, laundry/drying facilities, Full English Breakfast; not just salty porridge ;) , basic spares/consumables available nearby ...

Shit! My porridge ideas are all fecked already!

I was thinking about The Full English Porridge as a USP!

:)

No one wants a massage?

In the aim of attracting all walks of UK life regardless of referendum outcome would a full British breakfast not be a better idea.
Somewhere comfy but reasonably priced by a mtb venue is always going to be popular and a workshop facility to unprang the pranged bits would be great too.

Re:

A full British breakfast?
What the he'll is that?
It's akin to calling a Yorkshire pudding a northern pud!
Or britch wisky...

Re:

Internet for those moments your not biking, a Facebook page to share pics and experiences, a open fire for the beer and bullshit discussions in the evenings, secure bike parking, a basic but good quality breakfast and a host with a sense of humour.

Re:

Self service workshop? Now how do you mean. If a room to do repairs and a stand. Then yes. But with tools supplied? While I think that would be great I'd certainly not want to see or use many tools after a hamfisted person destroys them or round the end of allen keys off.

Food, warmth, comfort.
Drying (air like ski boot blowers)
Good hosepipe for wasing down and a brush.
Depending on location think of a small bikers cafe, you'll get walkers too. Mags, privateer. Simple but nice cafe food. Comfortable sofas to chat at. (If you've ever been to dales bike centre in the Dales. They do the small bike/bloke repair while you wait shop, provisions and cafe very well.

Back