Congrats Man City!

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
Well, that was a very mixed up and relatively close football season.

City were class from end to end throughout, they picked up after a lull near the end and brought home the bacon.

Very happy for Konatime and all the other City fans on here.

I don't know what will happen over the next twenty years, but it is great to see Manchester picking up its feet and the rejuvenation of its football heritage is part of that.

I wish they had kept Mancini, but the new man has done well.

Should be a very interesting season next. Can't see United in the top four for a while, but we shall see what happens this summer.

Would be great to see a future United managed and coached by a Keane/Giggs team, but I reckon they are doomed to a future more like Chelsea and City due to the demands of the current game.

Re:

Yeah
another 2 years and rangers will be back too
:D
50 miilion pound fine for city small potatoes
:facepalm:

I think Pellegrini has conducted himself brilliantly all season, there's been none of the shenanigans they had with Balotelli and despite injuries they were the best team in the league for the majority of the year.

Personally it's been a breath of fresh air for United to be absolutely pants, coming from the United heartlands (Brighton) as I do, it's nice to see the guys who used to mock me for supporting Brighton with their heads in their hands blaming everything but their rank average squad and petulant has-beens for holding the team back. It'd have been interesting if Moyse had any balls whatsoever. I can see United chopping and changing manager more tan once in the next few seasons. At least they should be able to spend plenty of money I suppose.

Oh, and I don't rate Keane as a manager/coach, he's too confrontational for modern football, players these days can't handle being balled out, even SAF changed a bit towards the end of his reign. I just don't see Keane with this flexibility, plus he falls out with everyone he ever has any contact with.

Re:

I agree.
The best team won it this year.
Having a team with 4 players in that score 20 goals plus is amazing!

Next season should be a corker.
I can't see City letting standards drop.
Arsenal will go closer, if they buy a finisher.
Liverpool will be back in there, if they can keep the racist cannibal.
Chelsea are sure to spend big this summer.
United will be pushing for top 4, but need a huge clear out of dead wood and to trust in youth again (letting Pogba go was a crime by Fergie!).
Everton and Spurs can push on too, if they buy the right couple of players.

Bring on the World Cup now :D

I agree United will never return to the long term manager scenario, not while it is the fashion elsewhere to sack for the slightest lull in success.

It is the way it is, and has spoilt the game for me.

They should have stuck with Moyes for at least two years, but the pressures are such in the current game that was never going to happen.

More importantly, they should never have appointed such an unproved manager.

Overall it is good for football to have more teams in the mix at the top, so it is all good!

The debate about sticking with a manager has always been skewed by SAF in my opinion. Regardless of how you feel about him personally (I hate him) the man was a football genius when it comes to management and I genuinely don't think we'll see the like again in our lifetimes. He was a winner before he went to United and while he did have a rocky couple of years at first, he was making a lot of positive changes behind the scenes that the club reaped the benefits of in the next 20 years. Take SAF out of the mix and there are significantly fewer clubs who have enjoyed extended success with a long term manager over the past 25 years. I genuinely believe that Arsenal would have won something more recently if they'd sacked Wenger 4/5 years ago and his financial nous (read scrooge like tendencies and love of selling players just as they peak) has papered over his managerial cracks for years.

Being a Southampton fan i just hope we manage to keep hold of Lovren and Schneiderlin although i think Shaw and Lallana will move on which is fine if the money is right as we have replacements coming through the juniors.

I remember a smirky face appearing in a thread a few yrs back at my confident declarations to Citys planned infrastructure, now the the district which was the most socially deprived in europe back in 82 hosts a spanking new 6th form college (your children need to aspire) and state of the art municipal (not far from the first municipal park in the country/what no history) swimming baths, along with tilting and cambering pitches said to be world leaders....and the folk in the know saying if your 40 yrs of age now the campus will still not be finished in your lifetime (we've not stopped buying land yet). Had an olde pal up from Scarbourgh on Friday, he moved out of M/c 23yrs ago, i spun him round the nearly finished training complex and then round the long forgotten inner manchester district of Islington (Ancoats within Ancoats...so to speak)...he was dumbstruck to what's gone on, could'nt believe he was chatting to a college lecturer living on a barge in Ancoats. Funny thing is....the reds inside of Manchester almost to a man have no umbridge to what's happened with the windfall, declaring 'you lot deserve it after 30k attendencies in the 3rd division' and the cockerney reds almost to a man are rent a rant. Nice touch on Sunday allowing the girl in the ground with permission from Helen Turners (infamous Maine Rd. character) family to ring her bell (the actual bell) during the match, lots of older blues posting on the net from far away shores remarking on it and unashmedly stateing the hairs on thier neck stood up hearing that unmistakable sound of the 70's (what no history).

Latest posts

Back