just met my local MP

Sardonic - hmmm, I like that.

oh yes, dinner preparation spattered t-shirt, dead kitchen on the drive, wild hair, ripped jeans.

and then there was me...

Re:

Hmm, yes. I had the pleasure too a few years ago. IMHO yet another multi-millionaire public school educated middling lawyer far too high up in our government.

In touch with the electorate with his rent free £4 million pound Maida Vale main house, courtesy of the family trust, while claiming £77,000 of expenses for his second home here. Then there's his reliably anti-gay voting and his being rebuked by the Speaker for apparently laughing at the plight of asbestos mesothelioma sufferers during a debate in April 2012.
Thankfully now returned to the back of the class where he belongs.

mp1_1439888c.jpg

Who knows how he managed to get from a law degree at Oxford Poly & Guildford with a short career as a corporate finance solicitor to being Tory candidate in one of their safest seats in England's shires (ex-John Major, 12,800 majority), then swiftly on to to Shadow Solicitor General and the Ministry of justice?

Surely nothing to do with his father's Party conections and friendship with Sir John M? Or being heir to a £300 million+ fortune (in his case, Coats Viyella, Carpet right & Kaupthing bank and the largest collection of Lowry paintings in the world via his father, Sir Harry Djanogly CBE). Or the £200,000 of donations made by his law firm (S.J. Berwin) to the Conservative party 2004-08?

Unfortunately the good people of Huntingdon would vote for a potato in a hat if it was painted blue, so he's probably ours for the duration...

All the best,

Re: Re:

danson67":34z4dqjn said:
Hmm, yes. I had the pleasure too a few years ago. IMHO yet another multi-millionaire public school educated middling lawyer far too high up in our government.

In touch with the electorate with his rent free £4 million pound Maida Vale main house, courtesy of the family trust, while claiming £77,000 of expenses for his second home here. Then there's his reliably anti-gay voting and his being rebuked by the Speaker for apparently laughing at the plight of asbestos mesothelioma sufferers during a debate in April 2012.
Thankfully now returned to the back of the class where he belongs.

mp1_1439888c.jpg

Who knows how he managed to get from a law degree at Oxford Poly & Guildford with a short career as a corporate finance solicitor to being Tory candidate in one of their safest seats in England's shires (ex-John Major, 12,800 majority), then swiftly on to to Shadow Solicitor General and the Ministry of justice?

Surely nothing to do with his father's Party conections and friendship with Sir John M? Or being heir to a £300 million+ fortune (in his case, Coats Viyella, Carpet right & Kaupthing bank and the largest collection of Lowry paintings in the world via his father, Sir Harry Djanogly CBE). Or the £200,000 of donations made by his law firm (S.J. Berwin) to the Conservative party 2004-08?

Unfortunately the good people of Huntingdon would vote for a potato in a hat if it was painted blue, so he's probably ours for the duration...

All the best,

So no firm view then? :LOL:

Re:

I'm guessing that you resisted the urge to shake him warmly by the throat LGF ?

Re:

We're getting a lot of that nonsense here too. Not only do we have European elections on the 25th, we also have regional and federal ones. We also have 7 main parties to choose from here in Flanders (15 or so if you count all the little ones too), so there's plenty of door-to-door campaigning.

I am so sick of the whole thing that I'm seriously considering putting some ketchup on my katana's blade and putting it in the hallway.
Next time I see someone in a suit at the door, I'd put the sword over my shoulder, open the door and immediately growl "and which party are you from ?"
Perhaps I should also make a recording of muffled cries for help and play that in the meantime. See if they'll still try to convince me to vote for them.

Back