Mark 4 V5 VW Golf

Very good, but what year and what budget come into play.

The V6 isn't usually much more, and all wheel drive makes it somewhat more chuckable.

Re:

Fair point...2000ish I guess. My friend will be selling her parents V5 soon but I have yet to see it. Will be cheap...£500ish
Will update with condition and mileage

Only thing to look out for AFAIK on Mk.4 Golf's is the lacquer peeling off the paintwork, especially the dark blue flavour.

Re:

Great cars.

Engine sounds amazing when you plant your foot.

Drink fuel like nobody's business unfortunately but if your'e only paying £500, doubt youll be worried about that.

Have a nasty habbit of failing coilpacks..... this is the only model with a single coilpack and its located on the side of the engine.

Had one myself, great car with great build quality

Thanks...annoying I have been unable to view it still. Still fish like tendency to drink if you just plod about? Erm...guess that is probably difficult to do :)

I think some on the forums have claimed much better mpg than the 6, which is a real heavy drinker. I only had one for a month or so, never noted the mpg but enjoyed it very much in the twisties.

mileage is high 20's low 30's. best mate has one and only pootles around in it. nice lick to it though if you drop your foot

Re:

Well...finally seen it from the outside (we can't find the keys). Looks okay, no dings or dents and the paint is holding up. Alloys need refurbished. Looked at the interior and recoiled in shock. Yes...you guessed it. Auto.
Blaaaaahhhhhhh

Back