Accident filled weekend?

joe careless

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Early Sunday morning I decided to kiss the tarmac, this is how tuesday morning's bathroom mirror view was. Much improved in the swelling dept. though my teeth hurt to their roots still. :facepalm: Classic pedestrian stepping in front of cyclist scenario

Attachments

• IMG_2338.JPG
    IMG_2338.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 356
Pedestrian stepped in front of me, I swerved, 90'd my front wheel and into the mac i went. cotton cycling caps are great blood stoppers, amazed I didn't do any dental damage or my nose in again. Seem to be a weekend of accidents, topped off with the lad over in hereford getting the chop off his bike. drivers are getting more scary.

Get a claim in!! The ped' would no doubt do the same to you!!!

Years ago I was trained to let go of the bars and cross my arms in front of my face to protect my looks! I still remembered to do that some thirty years on as I went over the bars and badly grazed my arms but saved my face and any damage to my teeth or jaw!

The pedestrian was great, flagged a car, bike and me delivered safely home they were more worried than I was, crashes are a part of cycling so..

Oh and was back out riding Sunday afternoon, not claiming to be hardcore just reassuring myself that apart from my face everything worked ok and bikes are now my only transport.

joe careless":16ze2v2o said:
Oh and was back out riding Sunday afternoon, not claiming to be hardcore just reassuring myself
My last fall wasn't too bad but the day after my thigh muscle resembled a big letter J imprinted in, turns out it was the drops on the bars which made the contact with my leg...

Back