Got an app for that ?

KDM

Senior Retro Guru
Some in here I'm sure would have had an idea for an app but not known what to do with it.

Has anyone had that app idea and did you ever see it through ?

I wanted to design an app to catch the w**kers that drive whilst using their mobile phone - even more so following an incident a few weeks ago where I was nearly run over as I was halfway across a zebra crossing by a bloke who was too busy trying to dial a number!

Take a photo of the driver in the act. Report the numberplate and upload the photo via the app to the relevant police authority (enter the town/postcode in which the photograph was taken and the app sends it to the relevant force).

Whilst it would be very difficult to photograph some of the people you see (as they are driving past), it would be relatively easy to capture a photo of someone sat at traffic lights, or driving along the motorway..

If your report leads to a prosecution and a fixed penalty, then you get a percentage of the fine. Everybody wins. The police catch more people at it, people are less likely to do it for fear of being photographed, and the people who use the app can earn a few bob.

Re:

I'd like that same app, but for all the arrogant knobs that park on the pavement around here. Forcing people to walk onto the road, wheelchairs, prmas and monility scooter dropping down kerbs and into traffic, to get past them.

I wonder if Park Like a **** has an app yet.

Knobs.

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":3ayh8ya9 said:
I'd like that same app, but for all the arrogant knobs that park on the pavement around here. Forcing people to walk onto the road, wheelchairs, prmas and monility scooter dropping down kerbs and into traffic, to get past them.

I wonder if Park Like a c*nt has an app yet.

Knobs.

Ah yes, not just the pavements but also people like this one below.

He parked on double yellows, got out and walked off (that's him in the photo). The irony is, he was the parking enforcement officer.. :roll:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 632
Re:

That a good one. The ones that park half on the pavement on double yellows because that's OK to do. Blocking everyone's view and the pavement and the road.

A chap round this way went around slashing all the pavement parkers tyres one night in his area.

Barneyballbags":1pms1gjp said:
technodup":1pms1gjp said:
Barneyballbags":1pms1gjp said:
Everybody wins.
If you consider the potential of being outed as the town grass as winning then I suppose so.

If it's one less twat behind the wheel using their phone then who cares.
If that twat spots you and gives you a doing for being a snitch you would care. The road rage would go through the roof if this was implemented. Fortunately nobody normal would give it consideration.

I have lots of ideas, cool apps or money makers.
I can design I cannot develop.
Alas none have yet seen the light.

Back